Thursday, September 30, 2004

An Inductive Bible Study Example

Here is one example of a very detailed and thorough study of Ephesians.

Please note this disclaimer: I have not read this entire study. (The thing is HUGE. I checked to see how many printed pages it would be...36!!!) Obviously, the study was not designed for the Web. One of the fundamental principles of web design is to avoid large pages which force people to do a lot of scrolling. Al Gore created hyperlinks to avoid that. (Is that joke too old to use now?) I will get off the web design high horse and return you to your regularly scheduled disclaimer... I have NO IDEA if I agree with the author's conclusions or his theological framework. So, you ask, why would I point you to a study I know so little about? Good question! Two reasons. First, the reason I want you to give this a look is mostly to see how much a person can glean from this kind of Bible study. Secondly, I believe you are all sharp enough to look it over and make your own conclusions.

There is a danger. I do not want you to look at that study and say, "Oh my GOODNESS! I could NEVER do that!! I don't have time. or I am no where near that good as a Bible student!" Don't be intimidated. It is just an example of the scope of this kind of study.

I will continue my exploration for more examples of inductive studies for your review.

For those of you joining us in cyberspace and not on Monday evenings, I will get some of the introductory material to you in the next several days.

Here is the url for the Ephesians study:

http://home.att.net/~dennisschmidt/qv-induct/eph.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home